A museum exhibit is a representation or model based on the theme. It must meet the size and portability criteria set out below.
You may use this format in any Year Level or Special Category in the National History Challenge. However, some Special Categories have specific requirements and conditions, please refer to each Special Category.
Any entry that uses this format will be considered for the Museum Exhibit prize.
Your entry must:
- Be an individual or group entry, (maximum of four in any one group).
- Be submitted with 4 copies of the entry form, completed and signed.
- Be portable, lightweight, demountable and sturdy for transportation interstate if necessary. It MUST be submitted in a package suitable for transport by post or courier.
- Be less than 1 metre wide, 1 metre deep and 1 metre high when assembled.
May not have more than 1000 words of student composed written material or more than 3 minutes of recorded information if AV devices are built into the model. (A hard copy of such material must be submitted with the entry). This limit DOES NOT APPLY to primary sources included in the model.
You entry must include:
- A bibliography, annotated in years 9-12.
- A 50 word (max) written explanation of how the research was carried out to create and develop the presentation. It must conclude with a strong statement about the relationship of the presentation to the theme.